Sunday, September 7, 2008

The first week of the rest of my life

This has been a very hard week for me --- for one of the first times in almost fifty years, I am not returning to school, any kind of school in any role after Labor Day. While I officially retired in June, I have been taking my summers off for years so the enormity of my retirement didn't hit me until this week.

True, the weather was still summery, and I could continue doing my summer things like laying out by the pool and swimming laps, but even so, I felt the tug of September like a barely perceptible undercurrent, pulling me back to school.

I set up this blog to record my transition to whatever comes next and I hope that there will be others who find this space and share their experiences.

2 comments:

maleeper said...

Go Marcia! You will move on and share it with us in a beautiful way. I also have a blog showing my retirement activities at http://maleeper.blogspot.com/

Have fun, Mardys

Anonymous said...

thanks for the interesting information